The rich diversity of Lincoln County truly contributes to the wide variety of things to see and do. The areas surrounding and including Newport offer unlimited events, activities, recreation, and sites ranging from the historical to adventurous. We invite you to discover and explore the treasures of the Central Oregon Coast!
Opportunities are endless! Here are just a few fun things to do in Newport:
- Kite flying at the beach: Where’s the best place to fly a kite? The beach, of course! And, Newport has miles of open beach without the worry of power lines, trees and traffic. You’ll enjoy flying a kite in the fresh sea breeze as well. Kite flying is an affordable activity that the whole family can enjoy. Be sure to check out The Kite Company that is located in downtown Newport when shopping for a new kite.
- Storm watching in Newport: Think about coming to Newport this winter to relax and watch the ocean from your oceanfront room at Hallmark. Snuggle up to a warm fireplace and listen to the roar of the crashing waves outside. Whether it is stormy or calm, you will not be disappointed in the performance nature presents.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport: The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a world class aquarium and a “must see” when you come to Newport. It is an exciting place to spend time to see the beauty of nature and the sea on display. Permanent exhibits, as well as changing exhibits, delight all ages. Helpful volunteers are always present to assist visitors at every exhibit area. Favorite exhibits include the Passages of the Deep exhibit where you will walk through an acrylic tube that spans 200 feet underwater. While walking through the exhibit, you will see sharks, rays, rockfish, halibut and skates swimming above and below you.
Other fun activities in Newport include:
- Charter fishing
- Scenic excursions around Newport
- Movie and live theaters
- Visiting art galleries
- Exploring the many state parks around Newport
For additional information, visit www.discovernewport.com
And for a change of pace, explore the oceanfront activities offered by Hallmark Resort Newport. For the young and young-at-heart, our oceanfront play area and picnic tables are a great place to swing, slide, or soak up the view. For the larger ‘kids’ in us all, discover the volleyball and horseshoe courts. You may check-out volleyballs and horseshoes at the front desk
Plan your stay at Hallmark today and get ready to explore Newport!