Charter companies in Astoria, Warrenton, OR and Illwaco, WA offer excursions and/or guides for Chinook and Coho salmon, sturgeon, bottom fishing including halibut, flounder, ling cod, sea bass, and Albacore tuna as well as crabbing trips for Dungeness crab.
Crabbing is a favorite and all-year activity, though typically the best in October through December. Charter trips are offered year-round as well, though crabbing is successful in most bays along the north coast. For crabbing on your own, a shellfish license is required for those 14 years and older. Check the Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for daily limits and regulations. Rental equipment for crabbing is offered by most local marinas and sporting goods stores.
To charter a fishing trip, contact one of these local charters:
- Galeforce Guides: Warrenton 503.861.1494
- Charlton Deep Sea: Warrenton 503.861.2429
- Hiline Guide Service: Seaside 503.738.7826
- Salmon Master Guide Service: Seaside 503.717.9901
- Sea Breeze Charters: Illwaco, WA 360.642.2300
- Tackle Time Bait Shop: Warrenton 503.861.3693
- Tiki Charters: Astoria 503.325.7818
photo courtesy Newport Chamber of CommerceShare this: